19+ Learner Loan Eligibility & Application Process
• 19+ Learner loans are for courses that start on or after 1 August 2016
• You must be 19 or older on the first day of your course.
• Loan eligibility doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks.
The Savant Training Academy IA-CP course you are interested in meets the required criteria as follows:
• A Level 3, 4, 5 or 6 qualification, e.g. A Levels or graduate certificate
• At an approved college or training provider in England
• You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with the costs of a course at a college or training provider in England.
• Check if you’re eligible before you apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
Your nationality or residency status
In most cases, all of the following must apply. You must:
• Be living in the UK on the first day of your course
• Have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
• Be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay)
You may also qualify if you’re:
• A UK national, or someone with settled status, but you live somewhere else in the European Economic Area (EEA)
• An EU national or a family member of one
• Not a UK national but you’ve lived in the UK for at least 20 years (or at least half of your life)
• A refugee
• A migrant worker
• The child of a Swiss national
• The child of a Turkish worker
• Under humanitarian protection or a relative of someone who has been granted it
• From 1 August 2017 you may also qualify if you’re not resident in the UK but you’re a serving member of the UK armed forces (or their spouse, civil partner or a dependent parent living with them).